Most people are aware that Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion provider in the world, but few people are aware that they are also one of the largest purveyors of controversial comprehensive sexuality education. Some child health professionals have described certain elements of this type of graphic sexuality education as “child abuse.”
The list of ten reasons to defund Planned Parenthood below includes links to evidence showing the graphic and inappropriate nature of Planned Parenthood’s materials that are aimed at children.
Ten Reasons to Defund Planned Parenthood
1. Planned Parenthood Federation of America purposely hooks children on sex through explicit sexuality education programs in order to gain customers for their contraception, abortion and counseling services, which generate millions of dollars in business.
(WARNING: this video is very explicit.)
Click here to see American Life League’s disturbing video exposing the materials and programs that Planned Parenthood uses to sexualize children.
2. Planned Parenthood encourages youth to engage in high-risk sexual behaviors,which often result in physical and mental health problems.
Click here to see a video presentation of renowned expert, Dr. Miriam Grossman, describing the physical and mental health problems associated with the promiscuous sex promoted by Planned Parenthood sexuality programs.
3. The foundation of Planned Parenthood is rooted in racism.
Click here to see a Life Action League video about the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, where she describes her racist agenda, including her plans to address the “negro problem.”
Click here to learn about an undercover Live Action video that shows a Planned Parenthood staffer agree to accept a donation to stop black babies from being born.
Click here to see a video put out by the National Black Pro-Life Coalition regarding the Guttmacher Institute, a research organization once affiliated with Planned Parenthood.
4. Planned Parenthood is under investigation for fraud by the U.S. federal government.
Click here to see an in-depth, 174-page report from Americans United for Life outlining Planned Parenthood’s fraudulent practices.
5. A growing number of U.S. state governments have either defunded or are in the process of defunding Planned Parenthood, in many cases because citizens are morally opposed to their tax dollars being used to fund abortion and explicit sexuality education for children.
These states include Florida, Indiana, Kansas, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin. (Source: http://www.sba-list.org/PPScoreboard)
6. Planned Parenthood has covered up statutory rape and sexual exploitation of minors.
Click here to see a series of Live Action videos documenting Planned Parenthood’s willingness to repeatedly violate mandatory reporting laws designed to protect children from sexual abuse and statutory rape.
7. Planned Parenthood already has plenty of money.
Planned Parenthood, which is a nonprofit organization, in 2010:
8. Planned Parenthood promotes abortion over adoption.
For every mother Planned Parenthood gives adoption referrals, it performs 340 abortions.4
9. Women and girls can get more complete health care from other providers and do not need to resort to patronizing Planned Parenthood.
Click here to see a Live Action video, first showing Planned Parenthood’s CEO making the false claim that if Planned Parenthood is defunded, millions of women will not get essential services like mammograms. You can then listen to several undercover calls to Planned Parenthood clinics where staffers say their clinics do not provide mammograms.
Consider the following facts provided by Americans United for Life:
10. Planned Parenthood has failed to reduce the rate of unplanned pregnancies. In fact, in the populations where Planned Parenthood is most active, the rates of unplanned pregnancies have increased the most.
Click here to read an article showing that according to Planned Parenthood’s own reports, in the populations where they are most active unplanned pregnancies have increased the most, despite the increase in funding to Planned Parenthood.